Save those to-go Styrofoam containers or well cleaned meat trays! Here is a kid-friendly art project that you will enjoy too: A print-making method which is great for making holiday cards, gift-wrap, or customized gifts. The great thing about prints is once you have a design you like, you can make multiples! Everyone on your list this season will love getting a personalized gift with your artistic touch (or at least they will say they do)!
Ideas for personalized gifts…
- Styrofoam trays or containers
- Dull pencil
- Tempera paint or acrylic if you are personalizing a gift
- Big brush
- Paper or gift to personalize
- Make a couple passes with dull pencil for wider lines
- Experiment with your print by painting areas of different colors
- Rinse out the styrofoam to use again or throw-out for easy clean-up
- If you are customizing a gift you should practice on paper first!
- Don’t worry if paint appears too thin or too gloppy in areas, the imperfections make it beautiful!