My kids really like potty humor. I’m not really opposed to it but the problem is they tend to use it when it makes ME look bad like at school or at the park where they take pleasure in corrupting other, more innocent children. My parenting philosophy is to say no as little as possible. I don’t want to be a nag. Of course I say no when it comes to safety or when I am so tired and I can’t think of anything else to do. But as a general rule I take the redirect-approach. Instead of don’t say that, say this instead. Makes sense right? Of course it doesn’t always work but more-than-sometimes it does!
So if you have the same problem how about some good, clean jokes to share with your kids!
- Q: How does a skeleton call his friends?
- A: On the tele-bone.
- Q: Who keeps the ocean clean?
- A: The mermaid.
- Q: How can you keep someone in suspense?
- A: I’ll tell you later.
- Q: What happened to the beans when they showed up late to work?
- A: They got canned.
- Q: Why was the elf crying?
- A: He stubbed his mistle-toe.
All of these jokes AND MANY MORE can be found in Laugh Out Loud: Jokes for Kids by Rob Elliott.