Since my 6 year old daughter already has her Valentines made up, I thought I better get my act together and start my Valentine’s preparation!
Today I am sharing an easy to make heart garland. It is versatile and you only need construction paper, staples, and scissors. You can also use an Xacto knife to cut the strips which makes cutting faster and more accurate. You can create a vertical or horizontal version. I also made some singles to just play with, stack, and have fun arranging. You will need several sheets of construction paper (2 or more colors) and lots of staples!
- Fold several sheets of construction paper the long way
- Open them back up and cut into 1 X 8.5 inch strips
- Refold strips and staple each just above the fold
- Stack several together alternating color and join them by stapling about half way up
- Bring the ends together, invert, then angle to the side to add a staple
- Repeat steps 5 for remaining hearts
- Follow steps 1 and 2 from horizontal version instructions
- Refold one strip and staple near the bottom
- Refold an alternating color strip and sandwich the fold between the inverted ends of the first strip, then angle to the side and staple.
- Repeat until you have the length you want
- Follow steps 1, 2, and 3 from horizontal version instructions
- Bring the ends together, invert, and angle to the side, then add a staple
Have a favorite Valentine’s Day craft? Please share a description or link in a comment!
Need construction paper? Consider stocking up at Discount School Supplies. I have found great quality and prices there!
Now that you are all decorated and ready for Valentine’s Day about some Valentine inspired picture books. Check out my list here!