Ever since I posted my Heart Garland craft, I can’t get red and pink hearts out of my mind! Valentine’s Day is a whole month away and I am totally preoccupied with it (much more than usual). Today I am making a request list for the library and though I would share my selections. I picked some authors and illustrators I like, descriptions that were interesting, and tried to stay away from series and licensed characters…
*For more info click on the book image to open an Amazon tab.
*The books we were able to find at the library we rated with pink hearts.
❤❤❤ imaginative and thoughtful, kids really liked!
In his picture-book debut, David Petersen, the Eisner Award–winning creator of Mouse Guard, tells a delightful tale that becomes the perfect way to say “I love you.”
Bring this sweet story home to your Valentine today.
3. Amazon description: One small act of love blooms into something bigger and more dazzling than Little Miss could have ever imagined in this epic journey about life, kindness, and giving.
New York Times bestselling author Amy Krouse Rosenthal and award-winning illustrator Peter H. Reynolds have teamed together for the first time, creating what may soon prove to be a perennial favorite.
❤❤❤ fun, often just one rhyming word per page
5. Amazon description: Valentine’s Day is sweeter than ever in this hearty collection of knock-knock jokes. Lift the flaps and laugh your heart out with a group of kids and a pair of lovesick hamsters. You’ll be tickled pink!
6. Amazon description: Set to the tune of the song “Clementine,” Alison Jackson tells the sweet tale of Valentine and her beau. Valentine goes about her day, doing chores around her mountain cabin, while her secret admirer is hard at work trying to ask her an important question. He tries many ways to contact her, including Morse code and smoke signals, but he can never complete his message. Will he ever be able to reach his beloved Valentine?
❤❤❤❤ preposterous and fun to sing
7. Amazon description: As Valentine’s Day gets closer, Jackson has a hard time keeping his crush on Cami a secret. His chocolate hearts end up next to her lunch and he can’t hide his red face when the huge Valentine he made for her lands on her desk. Cooper thinks Jackson should just talk to her, but Jackson’s afraid she doesn’t like him. Carter Corey always makes fun of how big he is – what if Cami thinks he’s a giant, too? Luckily, Cami is not afraid to tell Carter that if she had a boyfriend, he’d be totally giant.
These impressive award winners show off their huge hearts in this warm, fuzzy book that’s perfect for boys and girls on Valentine’s Day.
❤❤❤ beautifully illustrated innocence
I ruff you in the morning when the sun is shining bright
I ruff you in the evening when the moon lights up the night
I ruff your prescious ears and your sweet little nose
I ruff your little fingers and teeny-tiny toes!
8. Amazon description: Mommies and babies will RUFF this delightful new format, featuring poseable plush puppy ears that make each page even more fun. A new novelty board book from beloved author/artist Sandra Magsamen.
9. Amazon description: The village finds a giant baby whom they decide to raise together. As she grows even bigger, they find ways to feed, clothe and shelter her, but can they find someone for her to marry?
❤❤❤ imaginary Valentine legend
10. Amazon description: Time and time again Dolores has been told to keep out of her big sister Faye’s room. But when Dolores sees Faye hiding a mysterious heart-shaped box, she can’t resist sneaking in and taking a peek. Join the irrepressible Dolores and her long-suffering cat, Duncan, in this hilarious escapade as Dolores pushes the limits of sisterly love and learns that, in matters of the heart, it’s important to give, as well as take.
❤❤❤ temptation and surprise!