Simple Valentine Craft
Take a look around your home… Are you feeling the Valentine’s love yet? Is there a serious lack of hearts in sight? What if I told you you just need 30 minutes, some left-over chunky yarn, Elmer’s glue, and plastic wrap to whip your home into shape for Cupid’s arrival (now less than 1 month away)!
Don’t have these supplies and still want to make this craft? There is still time to place an order with Discount School Supply (Colorations Chunky Acrylic Craft Yarn – Set of 8,
Elmer’s Gallon Glue Pump - why not go for the Cadillac of glue dispensers – you deserve it)! You probably want to stock-up on a bunch of other crafting supplies while you’re at it. I don’t know about you, but I can never have enough googly eyes and pom-poms (for hand-art), construction paper (for heart garland), tissue paper, and glitter! Now back to hearts…
- Start by cutting several strips of yarn into varying lengths. I cut 3 pieces: 1 at 18 inches, 1 at 20″, and 1 at 22″.
- Next cut yarn for hanging the hearts. Cut them extra long. You can always trim them later. I cut 3 at 12 inches.
- Tie the yarn for hanging and the length for the heart shape (in a loop) together as shown in image below.
- Now dip the yarn into half Elmer’s glue half water solution (do not get glue on the length of yarn for hanging)
- Place your soon-to-be-heart down onto plastic wrap and form into a heart shape
- Allow to dry, peel away plastic wrap, then proudly display for all to enjoy!