Are you in need of a handmade Mother’s Day gift idea? Does your lawn need weeding? Does Mom love quiet reading time?
I saw this idea on Pinterest for transferring the pigment from leaves onto paper and I thought, “gee, that should work for flowers too!”
So, how about trying this…
Wildflower Bookmark Craft
What you’ll need…
- Wildflowers from your yard
- Watercolor paper cut into a bookmark shape
- Small hole punch or awl
- Green embroidery floss
- Burnishing tool or equivalent
- Cut the stem off one of the flowers and position it on the paper
- Pace the cellophane on top of the flower and burnish until the color is transferred
- Repeat these steps until you feel your design is complete
- Punch holes directly above and below each bloom and thread floss through
That’s it, all done! I hope all the mother’s out there get some quiet reading time or me-time this Mother’s Day!
* * *