Jots about the bird…
- Barn Swallows seem to really like the beach.
- Watch one take a mid-migratory sip here.
- They used to build their mud nests in caves, now mostly on man-made structures.
- A male may kill another’s babies in an attempt to break-up a mated pair.
- When it flies, I think it looks like a mini fighter jet.
Jots about the “planes”…
- Kitesurfing or kiteboarding ia a popular sport on Cape Cod beaches.
- It took patience to get a photo will all four kites together.
- It looks fun from a distance and extremely dangerous up close.
- Watch a 4 minute Billabong video with awesome kitesurfing stunts here.
- Record holders have reached speeds over 50 knots and separately, distances nearly 200 miles.