Jots about the bird…
- It’s a Yellow Warbler.
- I thought it was an American Goldfinch at first.
- If a Cowbird adds an egg, the Yellow Warbler will abandon any of its own along with it an build a new nest on top.
- There are over 100 kinds of New World Warblers; they are migratory, tend to be colorful and small, eat insects, and are a favorite with birders.
- This little birdie was hard to photograph; She would’t sit still!
Jots about the plane…
- I believe it is a Lockheed C-130 Hercules.
- It has been around since the 1950’s
- It has four propeller engines and many uses/variations including cargo transport, scientific research, and aerial refueling.
- This fascinating video explains how aerial refueling works.
- The standard Lockheed C-130 Hercules costs over 60 million dollars but you can get this propeller plane for $2.50!