Want to up the love? Feed him something his mother used to make!
Here is an easy supper from my husband’s mother. As the story goes, she found this recipe in the newspaper and the only change I made was to add onion. To me, you can’t have peppers without onions! It is good comfort food that everyone seems to like!
Recipe for Sausage Kaluski
- 16 oz of pork sausage (no casing)
- 2 peppers (red and green), chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 16 oz bag of egg noodles
- can of diced tomatoes
- grated Parmesan cheese
- cook egg noodles according to package instructions
- brown sausage in skillet on medium high heat; break up into bite size pieces while cooking
- saute peppers and onions on medium heat until soft and slightly brown
- drain noodles, return them to the pot and add the sausage, peppers and onions, and a can of diced tomatoes; combine
- serve and top with grated cheese; enjoy!
*Up the health factor by substituting chicken sausage and whole wheat pasta.