Jots about the bird…
- It’s a Killdeer; a type of plover that prefers fields to shores.
- It gets its name from its sound, you can listen here (although chickadee I get, killdeer is a stretch).
- They look a little like striped socks to me.
- A handful of of them were in a field across from my daughter’s school at drop off.
- I had actually pulled over to take photos of other migrators, several hundred cowbirds!
Jots about the plane…
- It’s an Avanti, developed initially with Learjet, more recently partnering with Ferrari.
- The small wings on the front remind me of a Hammerhead Shark.
- As a propeller plane it can access smaller airports where noisy jets cannot; since the propellers are at the rear of the turbo engines it is also quieter for passengers.
- Based on the direction it was flying I think it was headed to Nantucket.
- Are you in the market for a private plane and love Italian design? Learn more here!
* * *
This post is linked up with…