Halloween Craft for Kids
Are you looking for a Halloween craft that is both easy and fun to make? How about one that is also fun long after the making?! This witch and ghost are not mere static decorations. They fly through the air and may just scare the wits out of your mom and dad!
What you’ll need…
- a piece of card-stock
- construction paper: black, white, brown, and green
- glue stick
- 2 drinking straws
- narrow wire longer than the straws
- embroidery floss
- print out the following PDF template on card-stock and cut out the shapes: witch craft
- trace the shapes on the construction paper and cut out (one white cone for the ghost, a black cone for the witch, a green circle for the witch’s face, brown for the broom, white or red for her legs, and black for her brim)
- add a ghost face with marker to the white cone and add a witch’s face to the green circle then attach it to the black cone
- poke holes for the straws on the cones
- add glue to the tabs then construct the cones
- Tape or glue on the witch’s brim
- decorate and attach the witches legs
- insert the straws into the cones and trim the length if you like
- add glue and roll the brown fridged piece up at the end of the witch’s broomstick/staw
- use the wire to fish the embroidery floss through the cones
- tape or tie one end of the embroidery floss high, pull taught, then tape or tie the other end low
- Push the witch and ghost to the top of the floss and watch them wiz to the bottom, spooky!
Need to stock up on craft items? Check out the deals at Discount School Supplies!
My kids had fun playing with these. We love Halloween crafts! Do you have a favorite that you would like to share? Please add a link in a comment!
* * *
This post is linked up with It’s Playtime at hands on: as we grow. Check it out for lots of great Halloween crafting ideas!