Happy New Year Everyone! The new year is a great time to reflect back and set goals for moving forward.
You know what I do not miss about working full-time at a company? Performance Reviews! And I worked for an amazing and incredibly fair company! It is just that I don’t like any mention of areas for improvement. I suppose you could say that this avoidance is an area for improvement of mine but who cares because I make the rules here! Here we focus on success, how to build on it and how to migrate it towards my latest whim. So here we go…
Top 5 Doodles and Jots Posts of 2012
- All Signs Point to Fun (inspired by my son) is my all time most popular post by far. I like it too. In it I share how to make traffic signs for toy cars.
- Sound Asleep in the “Land of Nod” is a nursery inspiration affiliate post for a retailer I greatly admire. I like how it can make money but can also be used to simply inspire.
- Making Paintbrushes with Natural Materials which owes much of it’s success to Pinterest. I like how this one combines my interests in nature and art.
- Handmade Barbie Doll Townhouse from Bookcase which definitely has Google Images to thank for its success. I like when you can make something better and for less than what you can buy.
- Easy Heart Garland Craft has also been popular on Pinterest. I am really a problem solver at heart and get a lot of enjoyment out of creating simple processes.
I didn’t start out thinking I would blog about crafts but quickly discovered how popular posts about crafts, activities, and DIY projects could be and felt as a product designer I had a lot to add to this category. For 2013 I would like to build on these successes with more DIY toys and easy process oriented crafts as well as explore more nature inspired and open ended creative projects for kids.
Ann’s Favorite Posts of 2012
- Oops! because it is inspired by a book we love
- Snow because it really happened!
- Animal Treats because it is educational
- Box because it is also a fun learning activity
- Fly By Color just because
I love creating simple graphic board books style posts for little kids. I want to do more of this in 2013 and find an audience for it. One thing I have noticed is there is not much in the way of free picture books for my kids’ new Kindle Fires available on Amazon and books to buy are such an investment. So one of my first priorities will be to create a free eBook of previously published ones. My working title: Doodles and Jots for Tots
Blogging Goals for 2013
In additional to what I have mentioned above I also want to create more educational posts like Pinwheels and Windmills because learning is a super fun family activity.
Also expect to see lots more nature posts because they bring me peace and some practical mom stuff because I think all us moms have made discoveries that make our work easier, cheaper, and/or my enjoyable and so we should share!
That is it for now. I wish you all the best in 2013 and am looking forward to interacting with you here and around (internet) town in the coming year!