Is your house starting to look very green with all the Saint Patrick’s Day crafts coming home from school? Would you like to partake in a little Saint Paddy’s Day crafting but shudder at the idea of adding more green to your fridge or mantle? Would you like that craft to be easy, mess free, and bring you fortune? Then do I have a St. Paddy’s Day craft for you!
- construction paper
- Cute one 2 by 12 inch strip from a piece of black construction paper.
- Score fold lines along the strip as follows… 2″, 2.5″, 4.5″, 4.75″, 5″, 7″, 7.25″ 7.5″, 9.5″, and 10″
- Next fold at the score lines; reference image for direction of each fold
- Now wrap the middle 3 2 inch lengths around the pencil to create the pot contour
- Overlap and staple the 2 inch ends to create the pot
- Cut a sheet of yellow and a sheet of orange in half to create 2 6 X 9″ pieces; then cut a bunch of 1 X 6″ strips.
- Loop one strip and staple to the top of the pot
- Now simply alternate colored loops to form a chain of gold coins!
You can also choose to create rainbow colored loops to attach to the pot!
* * *
Please feel free to link to your favorite St. Paddy’s Day craft in a comment!