Hey there eggheads!
Boy do I have a bunch of egg-citing posts planned for you to celebrate The Easter season! Well, actually I have two including this one but I am gonna run with it and turn it into a full carton. Yes, count ’em 12, a full DOZEN egg themed posts!
So let’s go ahead and kick off the fun with a craft!
I recently realized I have posted a few holiday garland/paper-chain craft ideas. I think they are fun and I enjoy the challenge of coming up with ways to represent themes in paper. So I might turn this into a series! So I am also a little egg-cited about that.
But for now let’s get back to the Egg Garland…
What you’ll need
- Watercolor paper
- Print out the following PDF nest template, cut out the shape, and trace it on a sheet of watercolor paper
- Paint it to look like a nest with twigs, moss, etc.
- Paint fun Easter egg style designs on a few sheets of watercolor paper.
- Once dry, cut out the nest shape and the egg designs into 1.5 X 9 inch strips
- Create a loop with one of the egg design strips and staple it to the center of the nest
- Create the contour of the nest by overlapping the sides and stapling together with the bottom flap (see image)
- Then just keep alternating loops until you reach your desired length!
Use It to decorate a surface or hang it!
If you like, link up you favorite Easter craft idea in a comment! And if you don’t have a favorite and want to see a whole bunch of great ones, check out these at Artchoo!