Mini Halloween Costume Craft for Girls
I remember wearing Halloween costumes to school as a kid. Most schools now discourage it and I think it is probably a good idea. I remember being uncomfortable and distracted by it. I do think it is nice to get in the spirit of the occasion and what better way than with a mother daughter craft. Create these mini costumes that are fun to make and comfortable enough to wear all day! The costume consists of a hair clip and pendant. I included a template of some versatile shapes to construct costumes with. You can make a witch, a princess, and a bat or combine the shapes in other ways to make more. Cut them out in different colors, combine them, and decorate. Have fun using your imagination and costume fashion sense!
Here’s what you’ll need…
- Hair clips
- Craft foam
- All purpose glue
- Glitter glue
- Embroidery floss (24 inch lengths)
- Hot glue
- Print out the following PDF mini costume templates on card stock and cut out the shape.
- Trace the shapes on the craft foam and cut them out.
- Combine pieces for desired costume and glue them together with ends of embroidery floss sandwiched between.
- Once dry decorate with glitter glue and set aside to fully dry.
- The last step is to attach the head piece to the hair clip with hot glue.
These mini costumes are especially great for the indecisive type. Can’t decide if you want to be a witch or a princess? Make both!
Lastly, I thought this project was more suited to girls but I am so glad my son proved me wrong. He wanted to know where the boys costumes were. I quickly told him I hadn’t made them yet. He suggested a knight so expect that plus a couple other boy options coming soon. Still not sure about the hair clip though!