Are you excited for back to school? Maybe just a little? Why not express that small amount of school spirit with mini cheerleader pom poms you can easily make yourself. And if you are not excited maybe these pom poms can help. Mini pom poms are really portable so they are great to take to pep rallies, football games, or for when you need to give yourself a little pep talk in front of the bathroom mirror on the way to class.
Once you have had your fun with them I am sure Barbie would love to take them off your hands and if she is not is a cheering kind of mood because, lets say, Ken hasn’t called, then she can use them to dust her townhouse.
Easy Back to School Spirit Craft
They only take a few minutes to make and all you need is a drinking straw, yarn, and scissors. Here’s how…
- Start by cutting a couple of two inch lengths of your straw.
- Wrap the yarn around you hand until you have a bunch that will fit snugly into your straw handles (15-20 times depending on the gauge of your yarn).
- Tie the bunch at one end with a length of yarn (about nine inches long).
- Feed the tie through the straw.
- Next pull, pull, pull the bunch of yarn about halfway into the straw.
- Cut open the the yarn loops then trim them even.
- Finally tie a bow at the end.
Now you are reading to cheer. Hip, Hip Hooray for school!