Magic Mirror Craft and Snow White Picks
Takeout food sometimes comes in the nicest packaging. I often save the paper or plastic bags and containers for future uses unknown. The pasta we got this weekend had a foil cover and came in a small pizza-style box, both completely clean. I immediately thought magic mirror!
What you’ll need…
- Cardboard from pizza box
- Foil coated takeout lid (or tin foil and cereal box)
- Printable mirror template
- Tempera paint and brushes
- Craft glue
- Craft jewels, glitter glue, etc.
- Print the following PDF: Magic Mirror Craft Template on card-stock and cut
- Trace the oval on the foil lid or cereal box and trace frame twice on pizza box
- Cut one oval, if using cereal box, then wrap with tin foil
- Cut out two mirror frames from the pizza box (cut interior oval on just one)
- Glue and sandwich mirror between two frames
- Put mirror under a heavy book until dry
- Now it is time paint and decorate!
Once it is done see want kind of magic you can make!
Now for the books…
5 Ways to Read Snow White
Cover images are Amazon affiliate links (thanks for supporting Doodles and Jots).
Read the Disney version. Snow White was one of the first Disney movies I every saw and it hooked me for life. We have a Disney Golden Book version based on the animated movie.
You can read in digital form. Download this vintage Wanda Gag version for your Kindle reader for only a dollar! I like that you can click on the small images to enlarge them.
Or how about in poetry form. MIRROR MIRROR written by Marilyn Singer and illustrated by Josee Masse includes a very clever, reversible Snow White poem.
Read the story of Snow White in board book form. I love this very cute one word per page version by Trixie Belle, illustrated by Melissa Caruso-Scott.
And last but not least how about a pop-up book! This book illustrated by Rachel Cloyne is very magical! I just love pop-up books and wonder why I don’t own any!
We don’t like to waste. Check out this very cool pocket magic mirror my daughter made with the scraps!