I don’t know if you noticed but I finally updated my header logo from falling leaves to blinking LED lights for the holiday season . I apologize ahead of time if animated gifs drive you crazy but I couldn’t help myself. I love making animated gifs! I love lights too. One of our favorite things to do this time of year is drive around the neighborhood and admire all the lights. My love of lights inspired todays craft. So if you love lights too and can’t ever seem to have enough why not make some. The best part of these lights is they don’t need to be plugged in.
All you need is some green construction paper, multicolor tissue paper (I used kite paper which is a little stronger), and a stapler.
- Cut a bunch of 1 inch by 9 inch strips of green construction paper
- Cut a bunch of 1 inch by 6 inch strips of tissue paper in a variety of colors
- Then loop and staple the tissue strips to create the candle light shapes
- Create a stack by overlapping two green strips and a candle shape then staple
- Repeat step 4, alternating sides, until you reach your desired length or are out of strips
That is it. It is pretty easy. Use this garland around windows to catch the daylight or on your tree. This year since we have a family membership to the Heritage Museums and Gardens we are planning to check out their light display. I am really looking forward to it! Are you planning a visit to a local light display this year? Please share!