My daughter made her friends crochet chain necklaces but when she tried to give them out, her teacher asked if she had enough for everyone and since she didn’t she couldn’t give them out. We decided they would make nice handmade gifts for Valentine’s Day so we went back to the craft store for some boy colors. Would you like to make these Valentines too?
What you will need…
- Chain stitch about 50 (or long enough to fit over a child’s head), cut, and thread end through the loop
- Print the following PDF: Crochet Valentines Printable on card stock
- Cut out the tags and decorate with watercolors or crayons, etc.
- Once the tags are dry, punch a hole in each and address them (to and from)
- Thread each necklace end through a tag hole, knot, and trim the ends
Be sure to make enough for everyone in your class and good luck explaining what chain mail is to your kids 😉
Looking for more Valentines? I also have a printable for heart inkblots!
By the way, my daughter and I are participating in the #tinkersketch challenge. For each day in February there is a sketchbook drawing prompt. After you complete your sketch you can share a snapshot with others participating on Instagram. Should be a lot of fun. Thank’s Clare for the idea. Would you like to join us? Learn more here!