Patrick asked me if it was cold out on Sunday. I said it was cold but the sun made it feel warm. With a confused look he replied with something like, thanks for nothing, but I stand by my answer. The air is cold these days but if you are in the sun, sheltered from the wind, and you happen to be wearing dark colors, you can feel the intense heat of the sun. It is finally spring and the sun is getting closer, brighter, and stronger! Why not celebrate the sun’s return with with this Easy Easter Egg Suncatcher Craft!
- Start by cutting out your egg template along the dotted line
- Next use the template to trace and rough cut tissue paper in assorted colors including white
- Then create your designs by cutting and overlapping the translucent paper and tacking together with your glue stick
- Re-cut your template along the solid line and trim your eggs to this slightly smaller size so the layers line up perfectly.
- Finally hang them in a sunny window with a few loops of transparent tape and enjoy!
The most fun part is overlapping colors to get more intense colors or make other colors just like you can do when you dye actual eggs! If you would like a reminder on color mixing this post has a printable color wheel or check out this illustrated egg dipping story.
Happy Spring Everyone! What are you making to celebrate spring? Please share, links welcome!