Here is a last minute Thanksgiving Day craft for you!
These turkeys are roosting in the evergreens and are pretty easy to make although a bit top heavy so you might want to use them to decorate surfaces or secure from each tree top.
All you need is brown, green, and red construction paper, a scissors, and a stapler.
- Cut a bunch of 9X1.5 inch strips of brown and a bunch of 9X1 inch strips in green and red
- Fold a couple greens in half and staple close to each fold
- Loop a red in half and staple at an angle close the the loop
- Cut a series of 1/2 inch tabs along the edge of a brown strip
- Connect ends of the red at 90 degree angle
- Place red inside looped brown with tabs at the back
- Stack turkey construction on top of 2 greens on either side (make sure staple is up)
- Repeat steps 2 through 7 until you have the length you want
I also have a few place card ideas which are a great last minute craft for kids on Turkey Day…
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!